Car Insurance in Guelph - What You Need to Know
Save up to 25% on affordable car insurance in Guelph when you shop with Surex
Guelph is much more than a university town; it’s home to a number of bustling industries, unique residents and interesting attractions. All of this, along with the low unemployment rate, make Guelph a great place to live and raise a family. The city of Guelph is near the juncture of Highway 124, Highway 6 and Highway 7. In order to access these highways you need to have a valid driver’s licence and car insurance in Guelph.
Finding affordable car insurance in Guelph isn’t as difficult as you might think, especially when you get insurance online with a Surex insurance advisor. Our advisors are happy to answer all of your questions and help you compare car insurance quotes from the top rated car insurance companies in Ontario that cover Guelph. Call or click today to start saving up to 25% on coverage.
At Surex, our three-step process will ensure that you end up with the best car insurance in Guelph. Here’s how it works:
- Personalized insurance auto insurance quote: Surex will capture some of your basic information — either by phone or online — and then shop the market for you. In under ten minutes, you’ll have up to ten personalized insurance offers to choose from.
- Customize your offers: Once you receive the online car insurance quote, you can edit your information, compare insurance companies and compare quotes to find the best overall value.
- Purchase and manage 24/7: Once you’ve selected automobile insurance quote from and online auto insurance company and reviewed the insurance policy with your dedicated insurance broker, you can electronically sign documents to receive an instant proof of insurance. If you’d rather speak with someone we will connect you with a Dedicated Personal Assistant to walk you through all the options and answer any questions you might have. Once finished, your Ontario automobile insurance documents will arrive in the mail and you can manage your insurance policy 24/7 with our ‘My Surex’ login feature.
Highway safety: Guelph is surrounded by a networking of highways, including Highway 401, Highway 124, Highway 6, and Highway 7. If you’re using any of the major arteries around the city, you need to be extra vigilant. Always leave yourself extra time, plan your route in advance, avoid distractions, and be ready for fast-moving traffic and challenging driving conditions.
Student drivers: Many students live and drive in the Guelph area, whether they’re from the University of Guelph or nearby post-secondary schools in Kitchener and Waterloo. Always look out for young drivers and students on foot or bicycle, and give them as much space as possible.
Mind the construction: Like with many growing Ontario cities, Guelph drivers have to deal with ongoing construction throughout the city. Drive cautiously around construction workers and be mindful when navigating closed routes, detours, and narrowed lanes.
Be winter-ready: Guelph winters can be unforgiving and can last up to five months in length. Prepare your vehicle for challenging driving conditions by installing winter tires, keeping an emergency kit on hand, never letting your gas tank go below half full, always keeping your smartphone charged, carrying a snow scraper, and using winter-rated windshield fluid.
Enroll in a safe driving course: By successfully completing a safe driving course, you not only lower your chances of being involved in an accident, you also lower your auto insurance premiums in Guelph. New drivers who produce a recognized safe driving certificate can expect to see auto insurance savings of $1,000-$1,500 per year, for their first three years of being insured on the road.
Shop around: By comparing your automobile insurance options online, you’re opening yourself up to different rates, different discounts, and a range of Canada’s leading insurance providers. So instead of blindly auto-renewing with your current auto insurance company, take a few minutes to find the best insurance coverage available at the best price possible. And remember to get an updated auto quote every year, prior to renewal.
Ask about discounts: There are a range of available auto insurance discounts that many drivers are unaware of, including ‘Good Student Discount,’ ‘Green Vehicle Discount,’ ‘Driver Training Discount,’ ‘Accident-Free Discount,’ and ‘Early Renewal Discount.’ Always ask the best insurance broker what car insurance coverages are right for you and what discounts you qualify for.
Consider telematics: In some cases, auto insurance providers will offer drivers discounts on their auto insurance premiums if they agree to participate in telematics programs. Telematics programs — also called Usage-Based Insurance — automatically track driving behaviour by outfitting vehicles with small digital devices that measure a series of factors, such as speed, brake usage, mileage, trip distance, and driving smoothness. Safe drivers are rewarded with insurance discounts of up to 30%.
- Riverside Park
- Eramosa River Park
- Hanlon Creek Park
- Stone Road Mall
- Old Quebec Street Shoppes
- SmartCentres Guelph
- Basilica of Our Lady Immaculate
- Guelph Civic Museum
- Riverside Park