Car Insurance in Markham - What You Need to Know
Save up to 25% on affordable car insurance in Markham by teaming up with Surex
The city of Markham is a wonderful place to visit and live. Markham is home to a handful of shopping centres, along with a number of unique restaurants to try and regular events to experience. However, Markham is a big city, so in order to get around you’ll need to purchase a vehicle and car insurance. Finding affordable car insurance in Markham can be quite a challenge if you don’t know where to start.
That’s where your personal Surex insurance advisor comes in. As the best insurance broker, we work hard to provide drivers in Markham with a collection of competitive quotes from the top rated car insurance companies in Ontario. Best of all, we make finding quotes easier by offering our services online! Call or click today to start saving up to 25% on affordable car insurance today.
At Surex, our three-step process will ensure that you end up with the best car insurance in Markham. Here’s how it works:
- Personalized insurance quotes: Surex will capture some of your basic information when you get insurance online or over the phone and then shop the market for you. In under 10 minutes, you’ll have up to 10 personalized insurance offers to choose from.
- Customize your offers: Once you receive the initial quotes, you can edit your information and compare insurance companies to find the best overall value.
- Purchase and manage 24/7: Once you’ve selected an online car insurance quote & reviewed the insurance policy with your insurance broker, you can electronically sign documents to receive an instant proof of insurance. If you’d rather speak with someone we will connect you with a Dedicated Insurance Assistant to walk you through all the options and answer any questions you might have. Once finished, your documents will arrive in the mail and you can manage your policy 24/7 with our ‘My Surex’ login feature.
- Pay attention to construction: Many of Markham's streets are undergoing major overhauls, so it’s important that local (and visiting) motorists pay close attention to closed routes, narrowed streets, detours, temporary patchwork roads, construction workers, and engineering equipment. Construction is frustrating for drivers, but keeping calm is the best way to ensure that you arrive at your destination incident-free.
- Be safe on the highways: Just north of the GTA, Markham sees traffic from numerous highways, including Highway 404, Highway 407, and Highway 7. Drivers who rely on multi-lane routes should be mindful of delays, prepared for fast and slick driving conditions, and ready to share the road with other passenger vehicles and large semi-trailer trucks. If you’re using GPS to navigate your highway trip, make sure it’s programmed before operating your vehicle — you should never be playing around with a device while on the road.
- Toll highways: The 407 ETR (Express Toll Route) is a tolled east-west highway that spans the entire GTA and serves to ease congestion on Highway 401. For those Markham drivers who use the 407, it may be worth signing up for an account and getting a transponder — it will save drivers money if used six or more times per year.
- Vehicle theft: Part of the reason that auto insurance rates in Markham are so much higher than provincial averages is because of the high rates of vehicle break-ins and theft. To help ensure that your vehicle isn’t an obvious target for car thieves, here are a few tips: never leave your car running while unattended, never leave valuables in your car overnight or while parked, keep your car locked at all times, always engage the parking brake when parking, consider installing a security system, and park in a well-lit area, private garage, or secure parking lot (if possible).
- Raise your deductibles: Asking for higher deductibles is a common way for motorists to save on Ontario automobile insurance in Markham. But keep in mind, raising your deductibles means that in the event of a claim, you will be required to pay a higher amount before the costs to repair or replace your vehicle are covered. So before increasing your deductibles, be sure that you’re in a financial position to cover the higher initial costs.
- Clean driving record: It may seem obvious, but many drivers overlook the value of keeping a clean driving record. Accident-free driving is a clearest signal to your auto insurance company that you’re a low-risk driver and are unlikely to make a costly claim. If you follow the rules of the road and avoid making claims — including minor claims — you should see your auto insurance premiums begin to drop in your mid- to late-twenties.
- Winter tires: One of the most common ways that Markham drivers save on auto insurance (while staying safe on the roads) is by installing four approved winter tires during the cold months. As a rule of thumb, once the weather regularly drops below 7 degrees Celsius, it’s time to install winter tires. When buying winter tires, look for the snowflake inside the mountain on the sidewall — this sign means the tires have been recognized as ‘winter-rated’ by the Rubber Association of Canada.
- Don’t miss payments: By never missing an auto insurance payment, you send a clear message to your insurance company that you’re a reliable customer and you represent a low risk to their business. To make sure you never miss a payment, set up automatic withdrawals, scheduled payments through your chequing account, or pay your full premium at once. However you manage your payments, be sure to never miss one!
- Milne Dam Conservation Park
- Pomona Mills Park
- Mintleaf Park
- CF Markville
- Markham Mall
- Downtown Markham
- Treetop Trekking Stouffville
- Lionels Farm
- Markham Museum